Skip to content

The Convent building

The brick ‘convent building’ dates from 1663. The living rooms, workrooms and bedrooms of the sisters were situated here. The dining hall, the guestroom, the pharmacy and the room of mother superior are situated on the ground floor. A closed corridor links these rooms with the chapel, the sacristy and the crafts house. It has windows with pointed arches and leaded glass. Moderate light can come into the corridor through these windows. The stuccowork in the corridor was done by a local Tyrolean Antoni Sangerli in 1777.

In the past, the dormitory of the sisters was situated on the first floor. Later, they divided this room into individual rooms which were converted into tiny flats during the restoration. The impressive attic that has an intact oak wood truss was used to store the grain. Now, the museum reserves are kept there.

Overview